This beautiful little fishing town of Cornwall is one of the best loved locations and is a must see!
Address: Wharf Rd, Saint Ives, TR26 1LP.
The above address is the closest road to the St Ives Harbour Beach. We have driven through this narrow and very crowded Wharf road and parked in the Smeatons Pier car park which took ages to get to and it was impossible to turn back midway! It is the closest car park next to the St Ives Harbour beach but I would recommend to park a bit further away from the middle of the town. There is a car park we found later which is only four minutes walk from the town with plenty of spaces and away from all the hustle and bustle. The address is :Park Avenue Car Park, Saint Ives, TR26 1QE.
Things to do in St Ives Town Cornwall
Remember the fact that we were only here for about 4 hours while on a road trip hence this list is for the main part of St Ives town and Harbour beach only.
- Soak in the sun at the beautiful St Ives Harbour beach
- Enjoy a walk through the cobbled streets lined with white washed cottages used to be for fishermen. One of the oldest street is called The Down-a-long, click here to see the picture or scroll below
- Enjoy some quality seafood .We have tried the ‘Seafood Cafe’ (address:45 Fore St, Saint Ives TR26 1HE) and the grilled mackerel was fantastic!
- Try an authentic Cornish pasty. ‘Pengenna Pasties‘ sell freshly cooked pasties (address: 9 High St, Saint Ives TR26 1RR)
- Explore the town- there are countless cafes, shops and galleries
- Pause and light a candle at the 15th century parish church of St la. Entry is free but donations are appreciated.
- There is also a tiny little chapel (now a museum) called St Leonard’s chapel at the entrance of Smeatons Pier which is likely to be built in 1577 thought to be used by the fishermen for quiet contemplation and prayers before they head to the sea. I love visiting old chapels and churches, so have a look if you are interested 🙂
Lastly enjoy a drive through the scenic routes of Cornwall and take lots of photos! Happy travelling 🙂